Happy weekend! I found a few things that I couldn't wait to tell you about. Yes, I've been trying to spend less, in my pursuit of a minimalist life. But, I've found that as I've gotten older, I enjoy these types of little splurges so much more than going out to dinners, movies or events. I guess we all have our priorities at different stages of life. Our current stage being couch potato bobbleheads... how was your dinner? Yes dear. How do you like this lipstick? Yes dear. You still breathing over there? Yes dear. Boring to some, but my current prescription for a lovely, low-stress life.
What have been some of your favorites lately? I do hope I hear from you soon down below in the comments. It's been far too long since we've written, and I've missed you.
1. You + Me- Rose Ave. // I can't stop listening to this album, and it has become my favorite get-ready-with-me music all week. I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd ever buy a record past the 90's, but I'm excited to see that artists are now putting their music on vinyl. Because vinyl always sounds better.
When I heard that Pink was part of this collaboration, I was intrigued. And then excited to find it has a completely unique style. And unlike many of the records of the 80's, side B is just as good as side A. A few of my favorites songs are From a Closet in Norway, Gently and Love Gone Wrong.
2. Rise and Shine Earrings from Paisley and Sparrow // Great products... with a purpose! Not to mention I'm in love with their cute logo. These earrings are so unique and fun. And the peachy-pink color livens up summery outfits, plus makes my face seem to glow. These will also be great in the colder months- especially nice paired with a black turtleneck and scarf.
These earrings are handcrafted at a fair trade artisan cooperative in India. I love supporting companies that focus on sustainable business, fair trade, ethical fashion, and helping to empower women.
3. Rose Pink Kisses Lipstick by Burberry // I can't say enough good things about this lipstick formula, and will go as far as to say that these Kisses lipsticks have replaced all other lipstick in my collection- even my Chanel. I first tried out Pomegranate Pink and it's gorgeous. But I'm also thrilled with this more nudey my-lips-but-better pink. Something I'll likely reach for most days.
There's something magical about this formula and how it has just enough shine and moisturizes almost like a chapstick. Yet offers a buildable opaque color. Perfect for an everyday look, or with a smokey eye. (Full review on 4 colors coming soon).
4. Bluebird Corkscrew by Boston Warehouse // Not much to say about this except that it's so darn cute. My previous wine opener finally bit the dust, so I opted for one that was more unique and interesting. It works great, was less than $10, and each time I use it, it makes me smile.
5. Cook Korean! A Comic Book with Recipes by Robin Ha // Genius... pure genius. I've been wanting to learn more about Korean cooking this last year, but I've had a hard time figuring it all out. Gochujang? Kimchi? And what is with all those side dishes?
Well, Robin explains it all in the most creative way... and one that really fits in line with the way I learn. All in a comic book?! Lots of fun comics and recipes- this is the kind of book that I read cover to cover in a weekend- and did. Maybe Robin will team up with chefs specializing in other cuisines and she can do comic book cookbooks on other types of food in the future.