An idealist, and one of those glass half-full types.
My kind of girl.
But when you think about it, it's not just our facial expressions that can change our day...and the mood of everyone around us.
There's something to be said about accessories. The perfect purse to match your shoes (yes, the bigger the purse the thinner you look!) A theme song that you play on the mornings that you just can't get motivated to work out. Or maybe a special tea cup, that warms your hands on cold mornings, holds your ice cream when you need some foodie love, or even overflows with lo mein noodles on those nights when you forgot to start the dishwasher.
It's our accessories in life that can make the small moments, into meaningful memories. And make the simplest things in life... stick.
So this week's #SundaySupper is all about cheese, cake... and cheesecake! Angie over at Big Bear's Wife is so awesome for hosting, and believe me, you're going to want to read each and every one of these recipes!
And for my recipe? It's simple. So, so simple. But served on this beautiful purple platter, with tea from this lovely cup, I couldn't help but think of Mom making this for me when I was a little girl. And then I remembered how she and Pop loved singing show tunes in the car... well, from Annie, maybe not so much.
I smiled. And it stuck.
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake
6 tablespoons soft butter
1 c. sugar
1-1/2 c. flour
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 c. sour cream
3/4 c. mini chocolate chips
Sugar to taste sprinkled on top (I like a lot!)
Mix butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. In seperate bowl add flour, baking power, soda and cinnamon. Mix into butter mixture until just combined. Add in sour cream. Pour into greased 9x13 pan (I used a 9x9 because I wanted a thicker cake- either is fine). Sprinkle with chocolate chips and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until nicely browned and toothpick comes out clean.
Want more #SundaySupper recipes? These take the cake!
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by The Meltaways
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Tres Fromage by Chattering Kitchen
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by The Ninja Baker
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama's Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni's Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cake by Mangoes and Chutney
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- Kit Kat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by Baker Street
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What's For Dinner?