There's a bit more to couponing at the drugstore, compared to your typical grocery store. But, once you know the store's guidelines, you can really cash in on the savings!
Today, I did a mini makeup haul at CVS and saved $21.75, or 64%. Want to know how? Watch this video, and then read on, down below, for even more ways to save.
9 Ways to Save at CVS
1. Sign up for an Extra Care Card. And make sure to have your card scanned each time you make a purchase at CVS, including at the pharmacy. Click here to sign up, or ask for a card at the register.
2. Scan your card at the Red Machine each time you visit CVS. And don't just stop at once. Often, more coupons will print out for you after the 2nd or even 3rd time. The machine will let you know when there are no more coupons available.
3. Look for sales that give you Extra Care Bucks (ECB). These will print out at the bottom of your receipt to be able to be used in the future, or even in your next transaction (you can use them the same day!) Also, check with your grocery store to see if they accept ECB as competitor's coupons (my Harris Teeter accepts one per day).
4. Check your e-mail. I get about 2 e-mails per month with coupons enclosed from CVS. Some are for online only, but many are for in-store. These will either be a percentage off, or a dollar amount off (like $5 off $20). These can either be printed or sent directly to your card.
5. Don't forget to bring manufacturer's coupons. CVS allows stacking of coupons, so you can use a manufacturer's coupon, a coupon from the red machine, a coupon that came in your e-mail, plus an ECB... for a TON of savings!
6. If a product is out of stock, get a rain check. Rain checks last FOREVER at CVS, so make sure and hold onto them for the next sale. It's simple to do, just ask for one at the register, and they'll give you a slip of paper to hold onto.
7. Join the Beauty Club. For every $50 you spend you'll get $5 ECB. This includes, "Cosmetics, Fragrances, Hair Accessories, Hair Appliances, Hair Care, Hair Color, Healthy Skin Care and Skin Care. Excludes items from Trial & Travel, gift cards and prescriptions." To sign up, click here.
8. Sign up for the Pharmacy & Health Rewards. Get $5 in ECB for every 10 prescriptions you fill at CVS. Plus, get extra for vaccinations. Sign up here.
Bonus: Get 10 credits when you add prescription access to your CVS.com account by Feb. 28, 2015. That's $5 ExtraBucks Rewards.
9. If you are a Veterans Advantage member, enjoy a 20% off savings online and in-store, plus free shipping. Sign up here.
*Note, this is not a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.